Last Revised: December 2012
Personal Information We May Collect
Personal Information We May Collect
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you and an individual, such as:
- - Name
- - User name
- - Postal address
- - Telephone number (including home and mobile numbers)
- - Email address
- - Credit and debit card numbers
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- - to respond to your inquires and fulfill your requests, such as to send you coupons or to respond to your questions and comments.
- - to send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important to your use of the Site, you may not opt-out of receiving these emails.
- - to complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- - to provide you with email updates and announcements concerning our products, promotions, and programs and to send you invitations to participate in special programs,
- - to re-contact you if we have not heard from you in a while,
- - to send you advertising/promotional material from some of our affiliates, advertising and strategic partners.
- - to personalize your experience on the Site by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- - to process rewards and prizes, as applicable.
- - to allow you to participate in sweepstakes, instant win promotions, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so it is important that you read these rules carefully. Persons wishing to participate in those activities are asked to provide certain personal information. Some of the information requested for this purpose is optional, but other information, such as email address, is mandatory because it will be needed to notify and identify winners. Also, some activities require the selection of a user ID and password by the participating individual.
- - to allow you to send messages to a friend through the Site. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address.
- - to permit you to participate in live social media feeds. If you choose to participate, your public username may be displayed on the Site along with your post.
- - for our business purposes, such as analyzing and managing out businesses, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving out services and products, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, tailoring the Site experience and content based on your past activities on the Site, and gauging customer satisfaction and providing customer service (including troubleshooting in connection with customer issues). The Personal Information you provide through the Site may be combined with other information you provide to us (via online or offline means), with demographic information and other information that is publicly available, or with other information about you that we may otherwise obtain online or offline.
- - as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside the United States; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside the United States; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations of those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- - “Contact Us”. RAAW® encourages visitors to its website to contact us with questions and comments. Email addresses and other information of persons using these features may be collected in order to facilitate our responses to those inquiries.
- - Purchases of RAAW® Products. The Site may offer individuals the opportunity to purchase RAAW® products online. In connection with those purchases, customers may be asked to submit personal information, such as shipping addresses and credit card information, that is required to complete the transaction. Credit card data and registration information will be protected by Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) or other encryption mechanisms.
- - RAAW® also may offer you the opportunity to provide you with email updates and announcements concerning our products and special promotions. Personal Information you have provided to RAAW® may be used to facilitate those communications.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
- - to our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, payment/credit card processing, auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services. RAAW® requires persons and companies to which it has been provided by RAAW® and not to disclose that information to others.
- - with our third-party strategic partners with whom we may enter into a special relationship. We will provide you with choices regarding this sharing prior to sharing your Personal Information with a particular strategic partner. Because these third parties will use your Personal Information in accordance with their own privacy practices, you should check their websites for information regarding their privacy practices. RAAW® cannot be responsible; however, for any damages caused by the failure of unaffiliated third parties to honor their privacy obligations to RAAW®. Similarly, RAAW® is not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites that are linked to our website.
- - to identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Site.
- - by you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Site.
- - to our parent company or a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- - as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Other Information We May Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- - Browser information
- - Server log file information
- - Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- - Demographic information and other information provided by you
- - Location information
- - Aggregated information
How We May Collect Other Information
We and our third party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- - Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version and Internet browser type and version.
- - Through your server log files: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer or device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site.
- - Using applications: We may use applications, including mobile applications or widgets, to collect information from you.
- - Using Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Stored Objects (“Flash LSOs”)) and other similar technologies: We may use Flash LSOs and other technologies to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Site. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer or device, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained using the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs (referred to “information” on the Macromedia site), how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer or device without you being asked, and (for Flash Player 8 and later) how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications, including, potentially, Flash applications used in connection with the Site or our online content. We expect our service providers technology suppliers to honor any decision by you and to restrict or limit Flash LSOs, but we cannot guarantee they will do so.
- - Using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies: These may be used in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and email recipients, and compile statistics about site usage and response rates. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns.
- - From you: Information such as your date of birth, gender and zip code, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, may be collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site.
- - By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site, (for example, we may use Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code). Such aggregate information will not include information of any individual visitors to our website.
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then, in addition to the uses listed in the “How We Collect Other Information” section above, we may used and disclose Other Information for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
In some instance, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information with be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
THIRD PARTY SITES
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING – RELATED VENDORS
Please note that our online and email advertising-related vendors may use pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies in connection with the Site to help manage out online and email advertising campaigns and strengthen the effectiveness of such campaigns. For example, if a vendor has placed a unique cookie on your computer, the vendor may use pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other similar technologies to recognize the cookie during your visit to the Site and to learn which of our online advertisements may have brought you to our Site, and the vendor may provide us with such Other Information for our use. Please note we may link such Other Information provided to us by our vendors to Personal Information about you that we have previously collected. Such combined information will be treated as Personal Information hereunder as long as it is so combined.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. RAAW® takes measures to prevent unauthorized intrusion to its website and alteration, acquisition or misuse of personal information by unauthorized persons. Notably, user IDs, passwords and credit card information submitted by users of our website are encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) or other encryption mechanisms. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot be responsible for loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition of personal information provided to our website, or for any damages resulting from such loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below (note that physical mail notification will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use of your Personal Information
We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us: We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving electronic marketing communications related to the Site. However, regardless of your opt-out preferences, RAAW® may still at times need to send emails for administrative reasons.
- To exercise your opt-out rights: Contact us as set forth in the “Contacting Us” section below.
Please note that changes may not be effective immediately. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
USE OF SITES BY MINORS
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information through the Site. RAAW® takes seriously its obligations under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act concerning the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13. Where appropriate, RAAW® will specifically instruct children not to submit personal information to our website and/or will take reasonable steps to ensure that we obtain parental consent to such submission. Parents should be aware that information that is voluntarily given by children or others in chat sessions, email exchanges, bulletin boards or the like may be used by other parties to generate unsolicited email or other contacts. RAAW® encourages all parents to instruct their children in the safe and responsible use of the Internet.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., Social Security Number, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise.
Copyright © 2012 Raw Foods International, LLC
All rights reserved.
1. You may email us at email@example.com
2. You may call us at 305.856.1991
3. You may send mail to the following postal mail address:
Raw Foods International, LLC
2050 Coral Way, Suite 601
Miami, FL 33145
Please note that email communications are not always secure; so please do not include credit card information or sensitive information in your email to us.